21KM ALFA ROMEO COMPETIZIONE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Information published by the Promoter, as defined below, on how to enter and prize form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry (“Terms and Conditions”). Entry into the 21KM Alfa Romeo Competizione (“competition”) deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
WHO CAN ENTER?
3. Subject to clause 4, entry is open to all Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents over the age of 18, as of the date of entry who have fulfilled the requirements set out below:
– A YOLO Run 21KM category registered participant
– Men must produce a 1 hour 30 minute minimum time completion of a 21KM run time slip in the past 2 years
– Women must produce a 1 hour 50 minute minimum time completion of a 21KM run time slip in the past 2 years
4. Employees, directors, managers and contractors and their immediate families, of the Promoter and Promoter’s franchisees and retailers, suppliers and associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin. The Promoter is YOLO Run Corporation Pte Ltd (UEN 201701369D) (the ‘Promoter’).
How to enter?
5. To enter, entrants must complete an online entry form found HERE (click) and to come down in person to the outdoor atrium at Velocity@Novena on 1st October 2017 between 1PM to 3PM for a compulsory briefing.
Prize on offer
6. There are 2 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Super cars (“Vehicle(s)”) as well as 3 cash consolation prizes available to be won.
7. The winner(s) will be the respective fastest male and the fastest female who can finish the race under the times of 1hr 9mins 0secs and 1hr 25mins 0secs respectively (“Winner(s)”). The respective Winner(s) will be entitled to 1 Vehicle(s) or equivalent.
8. The fastest entrants who do not run below 1hr09mins (Men) and 1hr25mins (Women) but still run below 1hr15mins (Men) and 1hr37mins (Women), from their respective Men or Women categories, will be entitled (“entitled entrant(s)”) to the cash consolation prize(s) of:
– 1st position : SGD3,000*
– 2nd position : SGD1,500*
– 3rd position : SGD750*
9. Total prize value is up to the value of SGD187,250.00 as at 01/10/2017
10. The cash consolation prize(s) must be received by the entitled entrant(s).
11. The Winner(s) will be required to collect the Vehicle(s) or equivalent (“collection”) from a location designated by the Promoter (“collection point”).
12. The Winner(s) may be required to have photos and/or videos taken as part of collection. The Promoter and prize supplier may use these photos and/or videos in media and for any other use at their discretion.
13. The Winner(s) will be responsible for any expenses incurred as part of collection, and date of the prize collection will be negotiated between the Winner(s) and the Promoter (must be within 28 days from the competition or a date stipulated by the prize supplier).
14. The Promoter takes no responsibility for petrol, comprehensive insurance, health, transport, body, paint or mechanical damage, or any other costs or damages, from date of collection
15. The prize value of the Vehicle(s) does not include Certificate of Entitlement(s). The Winner(s) must register with the Land Transport Authority by 31st December 2017, failing which any additional government and local taxes will be borne by the registered owner(s).
16. To be eligible to claim the Vehicle(s), the Winner(s) must be capable of obtaining motor vehicle registration of the Vehicle(s) in his or her name in accordance with the applicable legislation in Singapore. If the Winner(s) is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the Vehicle(s) in his or her name, then he/she may transfer the Vehicle(s) to another person with legal capacity for the purpose of registering the Vehicle(s) in Singapore, notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms and Conditions.
Further Terms and Conditions
17. Any entrant found to have used a third party to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
18. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, then the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the Winner(s) must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the Winner(s) is unable to use the prize as stated.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency, at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
20. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prize is subject to availability, and is not redeemable for cash.
21. The Promoter may offer a “buy-back” option to the Winner(s) of the prize(s) at their own discretion.
Copyright, Waiver and liability
22. In participating in the prize, the winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual, irrevocable and exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
24. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
25. Any cost associated with entering the competition is the entrant's responsibility and may be dependent on the Internet service provider used.
26. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including liability under the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including in negligence) for any personal injury or death; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition and promotion.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including in negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after its receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize by any person. The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Any change in value of a prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and may disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and to regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on this information being provided. By entering, entrants consent to the Promoter and any other third party nominated by the Promoter using the information for current and future promotional, marketing, publicity and research purposes. Entrants can request access to update or correct their personal information held by the Promoter and may request that they not receive further promotional or marketing communications by contacting the Promoter. All personal information will be securely stored by the Promoter.